The time I spent $10,000 on 2 prototype BlackBerry Z10's and reviewed them on video before anybody else

This is a crazy story involving a bag full of money, stolen prototypes and a drop off at an airport. It all happened in September 2012, months before BlackBerry unveiled the Z10 and Q10. It's all true - with a never before seen video to prove it!

Here's a tech story you've never heard of before, which includes me meeting a dude at an airport with a bag full of cash to exchange it for stolen phones. Seem unbelievable? Then watch the video!

But First, a Little CrackBerry History

In the early days of CrackBerry, Research In Motion was growing like crazy and pumping out new BlackBerry phones at a rapid pace. During this time I made a name for myself by getting my hands on those phones and reviewing the hell out of them before the company ever announced them and any other reviewer or consumer even had a chance to hold them.

Most people will remember the 2010 story of the iPhone 4 found in a bar and then purchased and reviewed by Gizmodo. It pissed Steve Jobs off. A lot. And it's never happened again with an iPhone.

Meanwhile, in the world of BlackBerry, in the two years before the stolen iPhone thing happened, I made a habit out of getting my hands on new BlackBerry Smartphones before anybody else.

SIX times I got my CrackBerry claws on brand new BlackBerry phones and reviewed them first:

  • In May 2008 I dropped a review of the BlackBerry Bold 9000 a week before Research In Motion announced the phone at their annual WES conference.

  • I followed that up in July with a hands-on review of the BlackBerry Kickstart aka Pearl Flip. There was a lot of hype around BlackBerry making a flip phone - I remember watching my review video on Jim Cramer's Mad Money that night.

  • Then two months later in September 2008, I posted the world's first hands-on review of the BlackBerry Javelin aka Curve 8900.

Read More »


Read more>> Source Link http://ift.tt/2lggaW0 via CrackBerry.com - The #1 Site for BlackBerry Users (and Abusers!)

0 default, disqus:

Post a Comment